Creating Messages leads you through:
- Creating a single message sent to any channel
- Creating content for each message type and how to localize content
- Setting up delivery timing
- Configuring optional features for content and delivery
- Creating messages for AutomationA set of conditions that your audience must meet before they receive a message. , A/B TestsUsed to send variants of a message to cross-sections of your audience. Each variant in the test returns data to help you determine the most effective ways to engage your audience. A/B tests support up to 26 variants and a control group per test. , and Apple NewsA news aggregator for iOS and MacOS. An Apple News notification is a push notification that links to an Apple News story. Apple News notifications are available to select publishers. If you are interested in sending Apple News notifications, please contact your Airship Account Manager.
The next group of docs builds on everything you learned in Creating Messages:
- SequencesA series of messages that is initiated by a trigger. Airship sends messages in the series based on your timing settings, and you can also set conditions that determine its audience and continuation. Sequences can be connected to each other and to other messaging components to create continuous user experiences in a Journey. — Send a series of messages to any channel.
- In-App Experiences — Set up messages that appear in your app when users meet certain conditions: In-App AutomationMessages that are cached on users’ devices and displayed when your users meet certain conditions within your app, such as viewing a particular screen or opening the app a certain number of times. , ScenesMulti-screen experiences that are cached on users’ devices and displayed when your users meet certain conditions within your app, such as viewing a particular screen or opening the app a certain number of times. Scenes can include survey questions or be presented as a story. , and SurveysQuestion-and-answer experiences used to collect and aggregate feedback or generate a net promoter score. They are cached on users’ devices and displayed when your users meet certain conditions within your app, such as viewing a particular screen or opening the app a certain number of times.
- JourneysA continuous user experience of connected Sequences, Scenes, Surveys, and/or In-App Automations. — Connect messages to create a continuous user experience.
Beyond messages themselves, get into information about your audience, personalizing content for them, tools for creating and managing content, and individual messaging features:
- Audience — Learn about selecting your audience, preview and test groups, segmentation, contact management, and more.
- Personalization — Customize messages with user-specific data, ensuring timely and relevant content for each audience member.
- Tools + Features — Get information about dashboard tools and individual features, like Preference CentersA page where users can manage their opt-in statuses for the subscription lists in your project. Preference centers are presented within your app or website or as an Airship-hosted web page. and Feature FlagsA toggle for controlling the availability of content or functionality in your app or website. .
Go to Data + Analytics for an intro to reporting and performance data, plus information about:
- Events and Custom Events
- Engagement and message reports
- Predictive features
- Real-Time Data StreamingA service that delivers engagement events in real time via the Data Streaming API or an Airship partner integration.
- Performance AnalyticsA customizable marketing intelligence tool that provides access to reports and graphs based on engagement data.
Managing Messages covers editing, deleting, duplicating, etc.
Consult this section to manage your project: