Learn messaging basics, then get into the details about creating messages. Plus feature information and managing your project, account, and team.
First, read Messaging basics to learn key terms, what you can send, and how you can send it. Then learn the UI.
Creating messages leads you through:
- How to:
- Create a message
- Create content for each message type, and how to localize the content
- Set up delivery timing
- Configure optional features for content and delivery
- Tools and features you can use for your project and messages.
- Reporting information about your messages and project activity
- Creating messages for AutomationA set of conditions that your audience must meet before they receive a message. and A/B TestsUsed to send variants of a message to cross-sections of your audience. Each variant in the test returns data to help you determine the most effective ways to engage your audience. A/B tests support up to 26 variants and a control group per test.
The next group of docs builds on everything you learned in Messaging basics and Creating messages:
- Your audience — Selecting your audience, segmentation, and more
- Personalization — Populating messages with data specific to each individual member of your audience, and related features
- More ways to create messages:
- SequencesA series of messages that is initiated by a trigger. Airship sends messages in the series based on your timing settings, and you can also set conditions that determine its audience and continuation. Sequences can be connected to each other and to other messaging components to create continuous user experiences in a Journey.
- In-App AutomationMessages that are cached on users’ devices and displayed when your users meet certain conditions within your app, such as viewing a particular screen or opening the app a certain number of times.
- ScenesMulti-screen experiences that are cached on users’ devices and displayed when your users meet certain conditions within your app, such as viewing a particular screen or opening the app a certain number of times.
- SurveysQuestion-and-answer experiences used to collect and aggregate feedback or generate a net promoter score. They are cached on users’ devices and displayed when your users meet certain conditions within your app, such as viewing a particular screen or opening the app a certain number of times.
- Apple NewsA news aggregator for iOS and MacOS. An Apple News notification is a push notification that links to an Apple News story. Apple News notifications are available to select publishers. If you are interested in sending Apple News notifications, please contact your Airship Account Manager.
- Managing messages — Edit, delete, duplicate, etc.
- Data — Events, predictive features, Real-Time Data StreamingA service that delivers engagement events in real time via the Data Streaming API or an Airship partner integration. , and Performance AnalyticsA customizable marketing intelligence tool that provides access to reports and graphs based on engagement data.
Consult these sections to manage your project, account, team, and security.