SMS metrics don’t appear in Dashboards by default, but your SMS data is available within a few ExploresA pre-defined query in Performance Analytics you can use as the basis for building custom Looks. .
To access Explores, go to » Shared and select Explore Glossary (Explore Glossary EUCS for EU customers) under Looks. SMS-related data is available in these Explores:
- SMS Mobile Originated
- Custom Events
To open one in the Explore view, click next to its name and select Navigate to Explore. From here you can view SMS data using the DimensionsGenerally, a string field in Performance Analytics. They can be grouped and can act as filters or members of a data set. and MeasuresA numeric field in Performance Analytics — like a count or sum. Measures appear in orange within an explore. described in the following sections.
For additional usage information, see: Exploring Performance Analytics data.
Use the following Dimensions and Measures in the Engagement Explore.
- Message Delivery » Dimensions » SMS Deliveries
- Raw counts and rates (as percentage of total SMS sends) of Message Delivery Events. These can help you determine your real message audience by determining how many of your messages were
deliveredas opposed to
- Delivery Address (MSISDN)
- MMS Send (Yes / No)
- Message Metrics » Measures » SMS Metrics
- Counts of short link clicks. Use these to determine the number of unique recipients who engaged with your messages. You can use these counts as measures of how successful your sends are.
- SMS Short Link Click Count
- SMS Short Link Click Named User Count
- SMS Short Link Click User Count
- Response - Tag Changes » Measures » Opt In/Out [User counts and rates]
- Raw counts and rates (as percentage of total SMS sends) of Message Delivery Events. Use these measures to see the changes in your audience over time. These metrics can help you determine audience retention levels and find out if your audience is growing or shrinking. Measures:
- Opt In User Count
- Opt In User Rate
- Opt Out User Count
- Opt Out User Rate
SMS Mobile Originated Explore
The SMS Mobile Originated Explore provides information about the SMS messages that your audience sends you. If your audience can opt in to contests or send a keyword to return specific information (through a webhook), you can find out about those texts here.
Use the following Dimensions in the SMS Mobile Originated Explore. All are located in Mobile Originated Messages » Dimensions.
- Inbound Message
- The inbound message text sent from your audience.
- Keyword Matched
- The keyword matched in incoming messages. In many cases, the keyword may be the same as the inbound message. If a keyword was not matched, this field is empty.
- Outbound Message
- The message sent in response to a mobile originated message.
- The originated long code, short code, or alphanumeric sender of an outbound message (sent in response to an inbound message).
Custom Events Explore
delivery_report event is the only custom event metric for SMS. It provides Mobile Terminated Delivery events. These are custom events sent from our third-party SMS providers. These events report the status of your message between the provider and your audience up to, and including, delivery.
This data can help you determine your real message audience by determining how many of your messages were
delivered as opposed to
aborted, etc., and check for failures.
Custom events are often more complex than other data sets in Performance Analytics.
Follow these steps to access the delivery report data using the Custom Events Explore.
Go to » Shared and select Explore Glossary (Explore Glossary EUCS for EU customers) under Looks.
Click next to Custom Events and select Navigate to Explore.
In the sidebar, go to Custom Events Properties » Filter-Only Fields and click next to User Defined Property 1 Filter.
Set the filter value as equal to
error_codefor SMS or
result_codefor MMS. This separates your Mobile Terminated events by the error codes from third-party short message service centers. These codes represent the status of your messages.
In the sidebar, go to Custom Events » Dimensions and click next to User Defined Property 1 Filter.
Set the filter value as equal to the SMS Delivery Event
namevalues you want to see. Possible values are
Click Run to see results.
error_code indicates an MMS message. MMS messages use a
result_code. To check the statuses of MMS messages, set a User Defined Property filter to
result_code and filter the custom event name for