In the Delivery step when adding a message, first set up the timing. You can send immediately, schedule the delivery, or send during a specific time frame.
- Delivery timing applies to the first message in a sequence only. Subsequent messages in the sequence are sent as additional conditions are met and according to their specified delay periods.
- Timing settings do not appear if you chose the Inactivity trigger.
Airship sends your message after receiving the triggering event and after the delay period elapses.
Choose an exact time of day to send the message. Airship sends your message at the first appropriate scheduled time after receiving the triggering event and after the delay period elapses. All messages are delivered in the device’s local time zone.
- Select days of the week.
- Click and drag the circle on the timeline to select delivery time. Hours are in 15-minute divisions.
- (Optional) Click Add Another to create multiple schedules.
Send during available window
Configure message delivery windows by specifying valid hours of the day and days of the week. Airship sends your message at the first appropriate time during the window after receiving the triggering event and after the delay period elapses. If no delay is configured and the triggering event falls within an available window, the message will send immediately.
- Select days of the week.
- Click and drag the circle on the timeline to constrain the delivery window. Hours are in 15 minute divisions.
- (Optional) Click Add Another to create multiple windows.
- Choose what happens if the triggering event occurs outside the available window. By default, if the triggering event (plus delay, if specified) falls outside of an available window, Airship sends the message during the next available window. Select Do not send if you want to discard the message instead of sending during the next available window.
Create multiple windows to support separate hours during weekdays vs. weekends.
Set or verify the Message PurposeA designation of a message as commercial or transactional. . This option only appears if Message Purpose is enabled for the project.
When Message Purpose is enabled and email and at least one other channel are selected for a message, Purpose is disabled in the Delivery step. Instead, set the purpose in the email’s Sender Information:
- Go to the composer’s Content step.
- Select the Email tab.
- Click Edit for Sender Information.
- Enable Transactional or leave disabled if the message contains commercial content only.
The commercial/transactional designation set in the email Sender Information will apply to all channels selected for the message.
After configuring the timing, set up delivery options.
External data feeds
If your message includes External Data FeedsA connection to an external API. When you send a message, Airship uses a response from that API to personalize messages. , you must configure each feed listed in External data feed options.
Failure behavior — Determine how your message is handled if the feed fails. Select Abort sending the message or Send message without this data.
Default value for [var] — This displays the default value for each send time variable in the feed URL. You can change the value to override the default for this message only.
You can set a delay period for your sequence — the time Airship should wait after receiving the triggering event before sending your message. You can create a delay in minutes, hours, or days. The maximum delay period is 90 days.
You set the delay when adding a message to a sequence.