Messages Overview is the first screen you see when you open a messaging project. You can return by going to Messages » Messages Overview or clicking your project name in the header.
Your messages are organized into various views you can select from the left side of the page.
|View||Available messages||Origin composer|
|All||All messages||All composers|
|Ongoing||All messages1||Automation, Sequence, In-App Automation, Scene, Survey|
|Ongoing||Messages with recurring delivery||Message|
|Scheduled||Messages with scheduled delivery||Message, A/B Test|
|Drafts||Messages that have not been sent, scheduled, or otherwise completed||All composers|
|Tests||Messages that have been designated as a test, sent to a Test GroupA preview group is audience group used for previewing personalized content in the dashboard. Wherever a personalization preview is available, you can select a preview group, and its group members’ attributes will appear for any Handlebars references to attributes. You can enable any preview group as a test group so you can send test messages to its group members. These messages appear as tests in Messages Overview. , or sent using Send Test feature||All composers|
|History||Messages that have already been sent1||Message, A/B Test, In-App Automation, Scene, Survey|
|Archive||Messages that have been archived within Messages Overview||All composers|
1. In-App Automation messages, scenes, and surveys that have been Expired or Stopped for more than 14 days move from Ongoing to History.
Each view displays messages in a table, last updated first, with headers:
- Name: The name entered when creating the message. If there is no name, the field will show Untitled.
- Text: The message text.
- Channels: The channels selected for delivery.
- Audience: The audience selected for delivery.
- Delivery: Information varies per composer and delivery specification.
- Throttle Delivery: The rate of delivery, if set for the message.
- Message Details: A summary of data shown in the expanded view.
Most drafts are not fully populated. Data that is not yet specified is indicated with
At the end of each message row are icons for various actions:
, , = Change the status of ongoing, throttled, and recurring messages
= View Journey MapA visualization of messaging components that can be connected to create a continuous user experience. You can also create and edit from the map.
/ = Collapse/expand the detail view.
= View report. Opens a message report, scene report, survey report, or a sequence’s Performance reportA report that compares audience behavior to a sequence’s goal. It displays performance metrics and a link to the message report for each message in the sequence. . For A/B tests, it opens the A/B test report; from there you can select a message variant to view its message report.
View Active and Total Automations
Go to Ongoing to see automation counts in the sidebar.
In-App Automation, Scenes, and Surveys — The total number of active and paused in-app experiences.
Active and Total Automations — The number of active and total (active plus paused) automations, which includes:
- Automations created using the Automation composer
- Automations created using the
- Each message in SequencesA series of messages that is initiated by a trigger. Airship sends messages in the series based on your timing settings, and you can also set conditions that determine its audience and continuation. Sequences can be connected to each other and to other messaging components to create continuous user experiences in a Journey.
Archived and draft messages are not included in these counts. Automation limits are determined by your Airship package. See: Feature packages reference: Automation.
Click Edit to manage your Message LimitsLimits that cap the number of messages you can send within a specified time frame, preventing you from over-messaging your users. They are set at the project level. .
Apply filters, show/hide test messages, and expand/collapse messages to customize your views. The changes you make to a view will be present the next time you return to that page.
Toggle Hide Tests to show/hide messages that were flagged as a test or sent to a test group. This option is not present in the Tests view.
Click Expand All Messages to see individual message details. Click again to collapse.
Search For and Filter Messages
Airship stores your last 13 months’ message history. Narrow down your view by entering search terms and applying filters. The filters you apply are listed below the Search field. Click a filter to remove it, or click Clear All to remove them all.
- You can search for and filter messages using the following categories:
- Message Content: The text in the body of messages, and message, sequence, and A/B test names.
- Channels: ChannelsA communication medium supported by the Airship service. Supported channels include app, web, email, SMS, and Open Channels. Within some channels there may be specific platforms with individual characteristics. Example platforms include Chrome for the web channel and Android for the mobile app channel. configured for your project.
- Composers: ComposersA tool for creating messages using the dashboard. Composers are defined by what you can include and control: message types, delivery, and automation. available in your project, except for Apple News.
- Campaign Categories: Campaign CategoriesAn optional delivery feature used to group messages of similar types or messaging strategies for aggregate reporting. Campaigns help you track the efficacy of both your individual messages and a messaging campaign as a whole. added when creating a message.
- Created By: The username of the creator.
- Message Type: Push notification, in-app message, and Message Center only. Does not include In-App Automation.
Airship suggests search items for Channels, Composers, Campaign Categories, and Message Type:
When searching All, select a match from the list, or click Search for messages containing: [term] to search within message content.
To search within a category, click All and select a category before entering your search term. You cannot apply a category filter after entering a search term.
You can change your search query for Message Content, but you can only search for a single term at a time.
- Click Date and select a predetermined range, or enter a custom range. Within a time frame, you can also select Last Updated, Delivery Date, and Creation Date filters. All dates and times are in UTC.
- In the Ongoing view, you can filter by trigger. Automation triggers are for automation and sequences. In-app automation are for in-app automation, scenes, and surveys. Click Trigger and select one or more triggers.