To configure the channel for your project, you will need your Apple News Publisher:
- Channel ID
- API key
- API key secret
You can find the channel ID and API key in the Settings tab in News Publisher . The API key secret is shown only when it is first issued.
- Go to Settings » Channels » Mobile Apps » Apple News.
- Enter a channel name and your News Publisher channel ID, API key, and API key secret. The Apple News channel name is used for preview purposes in the Airship dashboard.
- Check the box for each of the supported countries you have configured in your News Publisher channel settings.
- Click Save.
- Your News Publisher channel ID has no relation to an Airship Channel IDAn Airship-specific unique identifier used to address a channel instance, e.g., a smartphone, web browser, email address. .
- We validate the country selection when you click Send Now or Send When Live as the final step in creating an Apple News message. If a country selected here is not configured in your News Publisher channel settings, you will see an error in the dashboard when attempting to send to that country.