You can view information about your email messaging in Dashboards, Looks, and the Engagement ExploreA pre-defined query in Performance Analytics you can use as the basis for building custom Looks. .
Email Dashboards and Looks
Go to Reports » Performance Analytics » » Shared » Email to access the following Dashboards and Looks.
- Customer Email Activity (Last 30 days)
- All email events that occurred over the past 30 days. This includes all the email send events and custom events that occurred over this period, detailed per day.
- Email Campaign Level Dashboard
- Message performance by Campaign CategoryAn optional delivery feature used to group messages of similar types or messaging strategies for aggregate reporting. Campaigns help you track the efficacy of both your individual messages and a messaging campaign as a whole.
. Only email messages with a set campaign category appear on this Dashboard.
This Dashboard can show you which of your campaigns have been most and least successful, helping you improve messaging and engagement in the future. Click Filters to filter by campaign.
- Email Deliverability Dashboard
- Recent deliverability rates: opens, clicks, bounces, unsubscribes, and spam complaints.
This Dashboard reports metrics by domain, which can help you pinpoint deliverability issues with your various email domains. High or increasing open and click rates may indicate high quality messages and an engaged audience, and a sudden, dramatic drop can indicate deliverability issues. Declining or steadily-low bounce, unsubscribe, and spam complaint rates indicate healthy deliverability. If these rates increase, you should investigate a deliverability issue with your email domain.
- Email Main Aggregate Dashboard
- General information about your email project over the last seven days.
- Average Metrics — Various rates compared to total message sends over the last seven days with an activity trend over a monthly period.
- Alerts — The percentage change in different alerts, comparing the 7-day rate to the previous 90-day rate.
- Campaign Alerts — The percentage change in different alerts for each campaign, comparing the 7-day rate to the previous 90-day rate.
- Campaign Activity Report
- Raw data, including sends, opens, clicks, and bounce metrics for your campaigns over the last 7 days.
Go to » Shared and select Explore Glossary (Explore Glossary EUCS for EU customers) under Looks. In the list of Explores, click next to Engagement and select Navigate to Explore. From here, go to Message Metrics in the sidebar and find Email data using the DimensionsGenerally, a string field in Performance Analytics. They can be grouped and can act as filters or members of a data set. and MeasuresA numeric field in Performance Analytics — like a count or sum. Measures appear in orange within an explore. below.
For additional usage information, see: Exploring Performance Analytics data.
When exploring data, E-mail Metrics - Device Properties Dimensions and Measures cannot be combined with Email Metrics Measures.
- General counts and information about your email messaging.
- Bounce (Yes / No)
- Bounce Category
- Bounce Reason Name
- Click (Yes / No)
- Click Count
- Delivered (Yes / No)
- Email Address
- Link Name
- Link URL
- Open (Yes / No)
- Open Count
- Spam Complaint (Yes / No)
- Unsubscribe (Yes / No)
- Unsubscribe Event Type
- E-mail Metrics - Device Properties
- Device-specific data captured through email engagement events
initial_open. These provide valuable insights into your engaged audience, including Is Mobile, which indicates if the email was opened or clicked from a mobile device, and Is Prefetched, which can be used to determine if the open event came from an Apple prefetch or Gmail prefetch.
- Agent Family — Agent or client type based on user agent
- Device Brand — Device Manufacturer based on user agent
- Is Mobile — Indicates if this was a mobile device
- Is Prefetched — Indicates if this event was likely a machine-driven engagement, for example through Apple Mail Privacy Protection or Gmail Prefetch
- OS Family — Operating system based on user agent
- OS Version — Operating system version based on user agent
- E-Mail Metrics
- Raw counts and rates (as percentage of total email sends) of post-send email events. You can use these to measure performance of your messages in terms of deliverability and engagement.
- Bounce Count
- Bounce Rate
- Click to Open Rate
- Delivery Count
- Delivery Rate
- Hard Bounce Count
- Hard Bounce Rate
- Link Unsubscribe Count
- Link Unsubscribe Rate
- List Unsubscribe Count
- List Unsubscribe Rate
- Soft Bounce Count
- Soft Bounce Rate
- Spam Complaint Count
- Spam Complaint Rate
- Total Click Rate
- Total Clicks
- Total Open Rate
- Total Opens
- Unique Click Count
- Unique Click Rate
- Unique Open Count
- Unique Open Rate
- Unsubscribe Count
- Unsubscribe Rate
- E-mail Metrics - Device Properties
- Raw counts of email engagement events. You can use these to measure performance of your messages by device type.
- Total Clicks — Total number of email recipient clicks of a tracked link in the message
- Total Full Opens — Total numbers of email recipients that opened a message in a mail client, rendering a tracking pixel at the bottom of the message
- Unique Clicks — Unique number of email recipient clicks of a tracked link in the message
- Unique Full Opens — Unique numbers of email recipients that opened a message in a mail client, rendering a tracking pixel at the bottom of the message