You can use the contact management tool to view details about specific contacts. You can also create a Named UserA customer-provided identifier used for mapping multiple devices and channels to a specific individual. , add and remove ChannelsAn instance representing an entity addressable via the Airship service, e.g., an iOS device, email address, SMS number or web browser. The channel instance or channel object contains all relevant information about a channel, including metadata used for targeting, opt-in status, device-specific information, and, importantly, a unique identifier for the channel, the channel ID. to/from a named user, and remove contacts from your Airship records.
Identifiers used for contact lookup:
- Channel IDAn Airship-specific unique identifier used to address a channel instance, e.g., a smartphone, web browser, email address.
- Named UserA customer-provided identifier used for mapping multiple devices and channels to a specific individual. — Lookup for named users is case-sensitive.
- Device TokenAn identifier used to identify an instance of your app running on an iOS device. Device tokens are provided by Apple Push Notification Service (APNs) and must be included in a push notification request targeting the associated device.
- Email address
- Phone number — Can include a combination of spaces, dashes, and braces around the area code, e.g.,
1 800 123 4567,
1 (800) 123-4567.
Looking up a contact
Go to Audience » Contact Management, then enter an identifier and click Look up. Results are returned for any associated channel and named user. The following information is displayed for each:
- Channel ID, phone number, email address, iOS device token
- Created and Last Registration date and time (UTC)
- Channel type
- Named user
- Named user ID
- Created and Last Modified date and time (UTC)
- Associated channels
Click for more information about a channel or named user.
Viewing channel details
After clicking for a channel in the lookup results, you will see the following status information:
- App, Web, and Open channels display Opted-In/Out. Background Enabled/Disabled also appears for App channel background push.
- SMS channels have a check box, which is checked if opted in. You can uncheck the box to opt the channel out of messaging.
- Email channels have Commercial and Transactional check boxes, which are checked if opted-in. You can check/uncheck the boxes to change the status.
- Tracking — Email channels have Open and Click tracking check boxes, which are checked if opted-in. You can check/uncheck the boxes to change the status.
Click for more information associated with the channel:
- Channel detail — Lists the channel ID, push address, and aliases, if any. Email channels also display commercial and transactional opt-in/out dates, if any.
- Channel tagsMetadata that you can associate with channels or named users for audience segmentation. Generally, they are descriptive terms indicating user preferences or other categorizations, e.g.,
weather_alerts_los_angeles. Tags are case-sensitive. — Tag names.
- Tag groupsAn array of tags that you can associate with both channels and named users. — Tag groups and the tags within a group.
- AttributesMetadata that you can use for audience segmentation. Attributes differ from tags in that when evaluating users with attributes, Airship uses operators, e.g., equals, less than/greater than, contains, before/after, to determine whether or not to target a user. Supported attribute types are TEXT, NUMBER, and DATE. — Attribute names and values.
- Device propertiesMetadata representing the default attributes and property tags of a device, such as language and time zone settings, OS and browser versions, and notification opt-in status. Device properties are used for audience segmentation. The data used for the tags and attributes is collected automatically from the Airship SDKs, and are updated daily. — Tag groups and the tags within a group.
- Subscription listsAn audience list of users who are opted in to messaging about a specific topic. Users can manage their opt-in status per list using a preference center. — List ID.
Creating a named user
If the channel is not yet associated with a named user, you can manually create one from the channel detail view. Click Create named user, enter the user name, and click Submit. The channel and any channels associated with it will be associated with the named user.
Deleting a channel
You can also delete the channel when viewing its details. Click Delete this channel, then confirm you want to remove the channel from your Airship records. The option to delete a channel is not available if you viewed details for a named user then viewed details for a channel from within the named user record.
Viewing named user details
After clicking for a named user in the lookup results, you will see tabs for its associated information:
- Channels — Each channel is listed separately. The appearance and functionality is identical to the detail view for a channel.
- User Tag Groups — Tag groupsAn array of tags that you can associate with both channels and named users. and the tags within a group.
- AttributesMetadata that you can use for audience segmentation. Attributes differ from tags in that when evaluating users with attributes, Airship uses operators, e.g., equals, less than/greater than, contains, before/after, to determine whether or not to target a user. Supported attribute types are TEXT, NUMBER, and DATE. — The attribute names and values for the named user.
Associating channels with a named user
You can add or remove channels to/from a named user from the named user detail view.
To remove a channel:
- On the Channels tab, click Add/edit channels.
- Click Remove for a channel to disassociate it from the named user.
To add a channel:
- On the Channels tab, click Add/edit channels.
- Enter a contact identifier and click Look up.
- Click Add channel for an individual channel.
- If the channel you want to add is already associated with a named user, both the individual channel and its currently associated named user will be listed in the results.
- If you searched for a named user, or if a named user was returned when searching for a different identifier, click View channels to see its associated channels. Click Add channel to disassociate the channel from its current named user and associate it with the named user you are editing.
Deleting a contact
You can delete the contact when viewing details for a named user. Click Delete this contact, then confirm you want to remove the contact and its associated channels from your Airship records.