Enable dashboard features
On/Off feature controls only apply to functionality within the dashboard. They do not enable or disable functionality at the API level.
Go to Settings » Project Configuration and click Manage for Dashboard Settings. Each feature is listed with a description and its minimum mobile SDK version. Enable or disable features.
- Message Center: Deliver rich content to your app’s Message CenterA place in your app where you can display persistent rich messages, including HTML, video, etc. Similar to email, Message Center represents both the medium (the in-app inbox) and the message type (the messages you send to the inbox). .
- Delivery by Time Zone: Schedule a message to go out at the same time in different time zones.
- Landing Page, Deep Link, URL, and Add Tags: Airship Actions Framework.
- Remove Tags: Remove a tag when a user interacts with a push notification or button.
- Notification Buttons: Interactive notifications for your app, including Airship’s 30+ out-of-the-box buttons.
- In-App Messages: Send a message that appears inside your app.
- Segment Operators: Enable all operators for device properties in a SegmentA grouping of audience members selected by unique or shared identifiers. Multiple identifiers can be combined within a segment. . When disabled, the only available operators are Equals and Does not equal.
- Custom Keys: Pass key/value pairs of custom data through the push to your app.
- Broadcast Push: Send to all devices.
- SMS Link Shortening: Enable SMS Link ShorteningConverts HTTP/HTTPS URLs in your SMS messages to unique, shortened URLs for your recipients. The shortened URLs reduce the total number of characters that links consume and produce ‘click’ tracking metrics for your SMS messages. for all SMS messages sent through the Airship dashboard. You can override this setting for individual messages.
Some newer Notification Buttons require a later SDK. See Built-In Interactive Notification Types for the full list and SDK requirements.
Not supported for web push notifications: Message Center, Landing Page, Deep Link, and In-App Messages.
By default, Named UserA customer-provided identifier used for mapping multiple devices and channels to a specific individual. association occurs server-side via the API. You can override that preference in your project settings, enabling client-side named user association.
- Client-side named user association is enabled by default for all projects created on or after July 12, 2022.
- Before disabling client-side named-user association, consider your use case. When this setting is disabled, restricting association to server-side calls only, you have the added security of requiring your master secret to be verified after each call. While increasing security, you also lose the convenience of having your application automatically associate named users on login. Most apps do not require this additional security. But if your app deals with extremely sensitive data, you may want to disable this setting and associate named users exclusively through the API.
- Go to Settings » Project Configuration and click Manage for Named Users.
- Enable or disable Allow named users to be set from devices.