With today’s release, you’ll now see Conditions when configuring SequenceA series of messages that is initiated by a trigger. Airship sends messages in the series based on your timing settings, and you can also set conditions that determine its audience and continuation. Sequences can be connected to each other and to other messaging components to create continuous user experiences in a Journey. triggers. Use this section to build a SegmentA grouping of audience members selected by unique or shared identifiers. Multiple identifiers can be combined within a segment. . Users must meet the conditions defined in the segment in order to enter the sequence.
You will use the same segmentation data and procedure as in the Segment Builder and when targeting specific users in the Message and A/B Test composers. Segmentation data:
- AttributesMetadata that you can use for audience segmentation. Attributes differ from tags in that when evaluating users with attributes, Airship uses operators, e.g., equals, less than/greater than, contains, before/after, to determine whether or not to target a user. Supported attribute types are TEXT, NUMBER, and DATE.
- Audience ListMessaging recipient groups based on either your own data or automatically-generated app user lifecycle information. You can use audience lists to target specific users. — Uploaded, Lifecycle, and Subscription lists
- AutogroupA default tag group. When devices are registered in Airship, they are automatically assigned a tag within the
autogrouptag group; the tag is a numeric value of 1 to 100. Some uses for autogroup tags are creating a control group, and to randomly segment your audience. Autogroup must be enabled for your account — contact Support or your account manager.
- Channel IDAn Airship-specific unique identifier used to address a channel instance, e.g., a smartphone, web browser, email address.
- Channel CoordinationA group of strategies you can use to target users where they are most likely to receive your message. — Last active, Priority channel, and User preference
- Device PropertiesMetadata representing the default attributes and property tags of a device, such as language and time zone settings, OS and browser versions, and notification opt-in status. Device properties are used for audience segmentation. The data used for the tags and attributes is collected automatically from the Airship SDKs, and are updated daily.
- EventsEvents represent activities in the Airship system, as well as user behavior in your app or website. You can also send external activities (e.g., POS transactions) into the Airship system as events. Events power Airship data products and can be used in audience segments, as automation triggers, and for partner integrations.
- Named UserA customer-provided identifier used for mapping multiple devices and channels to a specific individual.
- NPS CategoryA category based on the score a user submits in an NPS survey. Ratings 9 and 10 have category Promoter, 7 and 8 are Passive, and 6 or lower are Detractor. They are available in survey reporting and are also a text attribute assigned to a user.
- NPS ScoreThe score (0-10) a user submits in an NPS survey. It is available in survey reporting and is also a number attribute assigned to a user.
- Predicted to Churn statusAnalyzes your audience for users that exhibit behaviors indicating they are likely to become inactive, and tags the users as High, Medium, or Low Risk.
- SegmentA grouping of audience members selected by unique or shared identifiers. Multiple identifiers can be combined within a segment.
- TagMetadata that you can associate with channels or named users for audience segmentation. Generally, they are descriptive terms indicating user preferences or other categorizations, e.g.,
weather_alerts_los_angeles. Tags are case-sensitive.
Conditions are not available for the Inactivity or Manual Entry triggers.