Audience retargeting is a method for sending follow-up messages to the audience of a previous message. Already available for app and web push notifications, now you can use use retargeting for email. Retargeting can help you maintain a message thread with members of your audience who did or did not engage with a message.
When creating an email in the Message composer, you have the option to Generate retargeting segments for the message:
Go to the message report to view metrics for the automatically-generated segments, and select one as the audience for a follow-up message:
- Email Sent — The entire email audience.
- Email Opened — Any email address with at least one open event associated with it for the message.
- Email Clicked — Any email address with at least one click event associated with it for the message, excluding clicks on the unsubscribe link.
- Email Opened, No Click — Any email address with at least one open event associated with it for the message, but zero click events.
- Email Sent, not opened or clicked — Any email address that has no open or click events associated with it for the message.
You can add additional criteria to narrow down your audience, helping you follow up with a specific subset.
For all the details about app, web, and email retargeting, see: Retarget a message audience.