- Visual and functional redesign of the segment builder
- Support for additional segmentation data, including AttributesMetadata that you can use to group and target your audience. Attributes differ from tags in that when evaluating users with attributes, Airship uses operators, e.g., equals, less than/greater than, contains, before/after, to determine whether or not to target a user. Supported attribute types are TEXT, NUMBER, and DATE.
- A new Description field for segments
- Audience » Segments page redesign, with a new search function — search for segments by name or description
Here’s how early access works:
- Go to Audience » Segments and you will see a link to the early access version of the segment builder. When in the early access version, you will see a link back to the legacy version.
- Airship customers who are participating in the beta program will see the early access segment builder by default, with a link back to the legacy version of the same page.
When creating a segment, you organize your audience conditions into blocks. A block contains one or more conditions, providing a way to mix and match boolean operators. For example, you might use an OR operator for conditions in a block, and use an AND operator to join the blocks together.
Highlights of new functionality you’ll find in the builder:
- In-row search — Change your selection within a condition, e.g., change a tag from
starship, instead of adding a new condition to replace your previous selection.
- Date attribute operators — Evaluate relative dates using Within the last or Within the next, and a range of dates using Between.
- Date formats — Instead of a single date, you now have options:
- Specific: Select a Day, Month, Month/Day, and Year/Month, or Year/Month/Day.
- Relative: Specify the number of years/months/days/hours/minutes from today’s date.
- Today: Select either Month/Day or Year/Month/Day.
You can build a segment using criteria associated with your channels and named users, helping you manage specific portions of your audience — you can even specify individual channel IDs and named users. The early access segment builder supports:
- AttributesMetadata that you can use to group and target your audience. Attributes differ from tags in that when evaluating users with attributes, Airship uses operators, e.g., equals, less than/greater than, contains, before/after, to determine whether or not to target a user. Supported attribute types are TEXT, NUMBER, and DATE.
- Channel IDAn Airship-specific unique identifier used to address a channel instance, e.g., a smartphone, web browser, email address.
- Channel CoordinationA group of strategies you can use to target users where they are most likely to receive your message. — Last active, Priority channel, and User preference
- (Audience) ListRecipient groups based on either your own data or automatically generated app user lifecycle information. Audience lists help you target specific users.
- Named UserA customer-provided identifier used for mapping multiple devices and channels to a specific individual.
- Predicted to Churn statusAnalyzes your audience for users that exhibit behaviors indicating they are likely to become inactive, and tags the users as High, Medium, or Low Risk.
- SegmentReusable audience selection criteria. You can use segments when targeting an audience instead of recreating your audience selections every time you send a message.
- TagMetadata that can be associated with a channel or a named user for targeting. Tags are generally descriptive terms indicating user preferences or other categorizations, e.g.,
weather_alerts_los_angeles. Tags are case-sensitive.
Device PropertiesTags that represent the properties of a device, such as language and time zone settings, OS and browser versions, and notification opt-in status. Device property tags are stored automatically and can be used to target your audience. , including Sender IDsThe alphanumeric code that your SMS messages come from — like a phone number or name. Your audience subscribes to each individual sender ID they want to receive messages from. , will be available when the redesigned builder is made generally available and we retire the legacy builder.
Follow the tutorial: Segment Builder (Early access).