After you create a new template, you are prompted to start building the template design, which includes configuring its appearance and fields. Also follow these steps when editing an existing template.
This tutorial walks you through creating a template using the Template Editor.
The sample images on this page are for Google Pay templates. Please refer to each step's linked documentation for full detail for both Apple Wallet and Google Pay template options.
Select a Template
To edit an existing template:
- Go to Templates.
- Click anywhere in a template's row to see its expanded view, then click Edit Design.
- Continue with the design steps below.
Design a Template
Edit the template's appearance and fields.
- Configure the general settings that apply to the entire template rather than to a single field. Available properties vary per pass type. Return to these settings at any time by clicking the paintbrush icon in the upper right corner of the pass preview. Read more about general settings.
- Add images. Click in the preview to select each image. A modal window will open, specifying requirements and options. Read more about images.
- Edit the content and placement of the pass fields. Click in the preview to select a field and its configuration pane will display on the right side of the screen. You can edit the field ID, delete the field, change the position of the field on the pass, or remove the field from the layout. Read more about pass fields.
- Click Save at any point in the design process.
Now that you have a saved template, you are ready for the next steps:
Send the pass to yourself so you can preview it on a mobile device. See: Send a Test Pass.
Generate passes based on your template:
- Set the sharing policy for your passes. See: Set Wallet Pass Sharing Policy.