Templates control the appearance of and content in Passes. Projects are the containers for your templates. Steps for creating both are detailed here.
What You'll Do
In this tutorial, you will:
- Name a new project, and select its pass and barcode types.
- Choose either an Apple Wallet or Google Pay template.
- Enter the template name and description.
- Save the template.
Features and options are explained along the way.
Create a New Project
- From the dashboard, click New Project, then select the pass project type.
- Enter a project Name, then click to select a Pass Type and Barcode
Type.When you select a Pass Type, the sidebar updates to display a mobile screen
preview of the pass, a list of related use cases, and Platform
compatibility. See the Pass Reference
for detail about each each pass type.
When you select a Barcode Type, the sidebar updates to display that change as well. See Pass Reference: Barcode Types to help make your choice. Select No Barcode if you do not intend to use one.
- Click the Save and Continue button, or exit to discard.
Create a Template
If you just created a new project or opened a project that does not already have a template, you will be prompted to choose a platform for your first template. Click Apple Wallet or Google Pay to make your selection.
If you need to add a template to an existing project, open the project, click the New Template button, then select Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
- Enter a Template Name and Description.
Name your template with a recognizable name, such as Loyalty Platinum Tier or similar designation. In the Description field, provide enough information to differentiate the template from similar ones, e.g., "15% Off Sale."
The Template Name appears at the top of the pass when opened on a device. It is also the source of the pass's file name as it appears for installation.
- Click the Start Building button to save the template and open the Template Editor.
Design a Template
Now that you have a template, start designing in the Template Editor: Template Design Tutorial.