See the Open Channel Notification Reference for options and settings details.
- Open your messaging project from the dashboard, then Create and select the Message composer.
- Under Channels, select your open channel.
- Select the radio button for your message audience, then click Content in the header to move on.
- All Users: Sends the message to your entire audience.
- Target Specific Users: Create a recipient group based on segmentation data. See: Target Specific Users.
- Test Users: Predefined recipient groups. After choosing Test Users, select from the Test Groups dropdown menu that appears. See: Test Groups.
- Upload Users: Upload a list of users just before sending the message. Select this option if you want to include merge fields in your message. See: Upload Users.
If you are using merge fields in your message, you must select Upload Users.
When Open Channel is the only enabled channel, the composer is reduced to only fields relevant to Open Channels, and defaults to Open Channel-specific settings.
- Enter your message text, set optional features, then click Delivery in the header to move on. Include merge fields if you selected Upload Users for your audience.
- Select a delivery type and Optional Delivery Features, then click Review in the header to move on.
- Review the message summary. To make changes, click the associated step in the progress header. When you've made your changes, return to Review.
- Click Send Message or Schedule Message. If you chose Upload Users in the Audience step, click Upload & Send, then:
- Click Choose File, and select the file that contains your list of users. Uploaded merge field names will be verified against the merge fields set in the Content step.
- Click Send Message.
If sending an email, SMS, or open channel message, you can Upload Users in the Audience step of the composer. This provides a means to register new users and send them a message at the same time.
Upload Users can only be used with a single channel at a time. Make sure you have only Email, SMS, or a single Open Channel enabled.
Complete the rest of the composer like normal, and you will upload the list during the Review step. The Send Message button will instead be labeled Upload & Send. After clicking the button:
- Click Choose File, and select the file that contains your list of users.
- Click Send Message.
See Audience Lists: Inline Lists for file format requirements and general information about Inline lists.