Airship has 30+ out-of-the-box buttons to match the most common use cases that we have identified, but you can also create custom buttons.
Interactive notification buttons are tied to an action within your app, so a developer must first update your app, registering new categories in the Airship SDK.
After your developer registers the new categories, you can complete this tutorial. You will need the category name for each button.
In this tutorial, you will:
- Name a new button and enter its category.
- Specify the button’s label and actions.
- Optionally create a secondary button.
- Save the button for use.
Enable Notification Buttons
- Go to Settings » Configuration » Feature Settings.
- Enable Notification Buttons.
Create a New Notification Button
- Go to Settings » Configuration » Mobile App Notification Buttons.
- Click New Notification Buttons.
- Enter a Name and Description for the button, so you can identify it.
- Enter the Category Name that is passed to the mobile device to identify which notification buttons to display with a message.
- (Optional) Clear the Enabled box if you do not yet want these buttons to appear in the list of buttons when composing messages.
- Specify the label and actions for each button. You must configure at least one.
- Button Label: Identifies button label for display purposes in the dashboard. Should match the label defined in the app. Does NOT change button labels in app.
- ID: Associates actions with the correct button label when passed by message.
- Foreground or Background: Controls which actions are available in the dashboard. Must match button ID defined in the app.
- Destructive: Indicates if button action causes the removal of data, features, etc. Appears red on iOS. Must match capability defined in the app. Check the box to enable.
- Click Save.
Include a Button in a Message
After you create a button, you can add it to a message, A/B test, automation, or journey.
In Optional Features in the Content step, enable Buttons, then click Select buttons and search for your custom buttons.