Names are a handy way to identify and filter your messages, journeys, and A/B tests in the Messages Overview and in individual message reports.
- A message name is required for automation and in-app automation.
- A test name is required for A/B tests.
- A journey name is required for journeys.
- Each message in a journey is automatically named for the journey name and its position in the journey, e.g., Welcome Journey 4. You can manually edit the name of any message in a journey.
- If you do not assign a name where the field is optional, your message name is
An Apple News notification cannot be named. Could you, like, name the wind, man? Also, Apple News notifications do not support message names.
Add or Edit a Message Name
Add or change the name when creating or editing a message or A/B Test:
- Click in the header.
- Enter a name.
- Click outside the box to close it.
You will see another name field in one additional location in these composers:
- Automation: Automation name in the Setup step.
- In-App Automation: Message name in the Settings step.
- A/B Test: Test name in the Variant step.
When you enter a name in these fields, the name field in the header will be filled with the same name. The reverse is true when you enter a name in the header.
Edit a Journey Name
- Go to Messages » Messages Overview.
- Hover over the journey you want to edit and click .
- Click the journey name in the header.
- Enter a new journey name, then click Continue , then Save & Continue.