Messages Overview is the first screen you see when you open a messaging project. You can return by going to Messages » Messages Overview or clicking your project name in the header.
Your messages and A/B tests are organized into various views you can select from the left side of the page.
|View||Available messages||Origin composer|
|All||All A/B tests and messages.||All composers|
|Ongoing||All messages.1||Automation and In-App Automation|
|Scheduled||A/B tests and messages with scheduled delivery.||Message, A/B Test|
|Drafts||A/B tests and messages that have not been sent, scheduled, or otherwise completed.||All composers|
|Tests||A/B tests and messages that have been designated as a test or sent to a Test Group A reusable audience group that can be used as a recipient for test messages. .||All composers.|
|History||A/B tests and messages that have already been sent.1||Message, A/B Test, In-App Automation|
|Archive||Messages that have been archived within Messages Overview.||All composers|
1. In-App Automation messages that have been Expired or Stopped for more than 14 days move from Ongoing to History.
Each view displays messages and A/B tests in a table, last updated first, with headers:
- Name: The name entered when creating the message or A/B test. If there is no name, the field will show Untitled.
- Text: The message text.
- Channels: The channels selected for delivery.
- Audience: The audience selected for delivery.
- Delivery: Information varies per composer and delivery specification.
- Message Details: A summary of metrics and other data shown in the expanded view.
Most drafts are not fully populated. Data that is not yet specified is indicated with
At the end of each message row are icons for various actions available:
- = Duplicate
- = Delete
- = Edit
- = Archive
- / = Pause/resume Automation
- / = Cancel/restart In-App Automation
- / = Collapse/expand the detail view.
- = View report. For all messages, this opens a message report. For A/B tests, it opens the A/B test report; from there you can select a message variant to view its message report.
View Automation Limits
In the Ongoing view, your project's Automation Limits Limits that control over-notification to users who repeatedly meet automation criteria, capping automated messages per device per given time interval, e.g., a maximum of 4 messages every 10 hours. and counts are displayed below the list of views. Click to manage automation limits.
Apply filters, show/hide test messages, and expand/collapse messages to customize your views. The changes you make to a view will be present the next time you return to that page.
Toggle Hide Tests to show/hide messages and A/B tests that were flagged as a test or sent to a test group. This option is not present in the Tests view.
Click Expand All Messages to see individual message or A/B test details. Click again to collapse.
Search For and Filter Messages
Airship stores your last 13 months' message and A/B test history. Narrow down your view by entering search terms and applying filters. The filters you apply are listed below the Search field. Click a filter to remove it, or click Clear All to remove them all.
You can search for and filter messages using the following categories:
- Message Content: The text in the body of messages, and message and A/B test names.
- Channels: Channels A communication medium supported by the Airship service. Supported channels include app, web, email, SMS, and Open Channels. Within some channels there may be specific platforms with individual characteristics. Example platforms include Chrome for the web channel and Android for the mobile app channel. configured for your project.
- Composers: Composers A method of creating messages via the dashboard. Composers are defined by what you can include and control: message types, delivery, and automation. available in your project, except for Apple News.
- Campaign Categories: Campaign Categories An optional delivery feature used to group messages of similar types or messaging strategies for aggregate reporting. Campaigns help you track the efficacy of both your individual messages and a messaging campaign as a whole. added when creating a message.
- Created By: The username of the message creator.
- Message Type: Push notification, in-app message, and Message Center only. Does not include messages created with the In-App Automation composer.
Airship suggests search items for Channels, Composers, Campaign Categories, and Message Type:
When searching All, select a match from the list, or click Search for messages containing: [term] to search within message content.
To search within a category, click All and select a category before entering your search term. You cannot apply a category filter after entering a search term.
You can change your search query for Message Content, but you can only search for a single term at a time.
- Click Date and select a predetermined range, or enter a custom range. Within a time frame, you can also select Last Updated, Delivery Date, and Creation Date filters. All dates and times are in UTC.
- In the Ongoing view, you can filter by Automation and In-App Automation trigger. Click Trigger and select the triggers you want to filter by.