Create a New Project
If you just created an Airship account, you should already be on the New Project set up screen.
If you already had an Airship account, click New Project in the upper right corner of the dashboard, select Messaging Project, then continue with the steps below.
- Enter details about your project.
- Project Name: Enter a descriptive name for your project. You can change it later.
- Icon (Optional): Upload your icon. This does not have to be the same icon you submit to app marketplaces, but that is the typical practice.
- Live/Test: Specify whether this project is live or for testing. If this is your first time configuring a project for Airship, you should choose Test. This setting cannot be changed later.
- Industry: Select an
and sub-industry. This is used for reporting.
- Project Name
- If you work in a large organization with multiple projects, keep in mind that other people in your company may need to search for this project, so give it as descriptive a name as possible and adopt a naming convention. Examples: Anytown News iOS - Development, McDowell's Chicago Android - Production.
- Ultimately, you should have both a test build and a live, production build for public release. For more information about live vs. test apps in Airship, see:
- Click Create Project. The next screen will display the Quickstart Guide.
Follow Channel Quickstart Guide
You're now ready to set up your mobile app or web channels by following our Quickstart Guide.
While anyone should be able to follow these instructions and send a push notification, this is a technical process and should be completed by a developer with access to the proper mobile development tools and credentials for developer programs.
- Click Channel Guide+ and select the channels you want your project to support.
- Click a channel to see its guide. Follow the instructions to set up each channel. The Web Notifications Quickstart Guide will link you to Configure Web Notifications.
Next you will create a test group.
When creating a new messaging project, you will set your Industry. You can edit your industry in Settings » Edit Project after you set up your project.
- Projects that provide a B2B or B2E utility, meant to be used by B2B customers or employees of businesses. Includes app interfaces or versions of B2B SaaS platforms.
- Charities, Foundations, and Non-Profit
- Projects that provide an interface between the end user and a non-profit entity, charity, foundation, and/or projects whose purpose is to generate revenue for a cause.
- Projects that provide training and learning opportunities for consumers, as well as those for schools or learning institutions.
- Projects that provide entertainment in the form of video streaming, music, movies, TV, radio, and artist representation.
- Finance, banking, investment, insurance management.
- Food & Drink
- Projects managed by restaurants and beverage companies, as well as recipe/cooking content.
- Projects that allow you to place bets/gamble.
- Projects that include free and paid gaming.
- Local, state, or national government services and tools.
- Projects that include national & breaking news, local news, newsstand, books, magazines, as well as radio.
- Medical, Health & Fitness
- Fitness tracking, health management, pharmacy, health reference.
- Grocery, discount/deals, specialty retail (i.e., greeting cards or toys), fashion, big box/warehouse.
- Networking, messaging, dating, communication.
- Sports & Recreation
- Sports teams, sports news, recreation.
- Travel & Transportation
- Airline, automotive, hotel, bookings, rail, vacation rental, public transportation.
- Utility & Productivity
- Navigation, reference, weather, other tools for productivity.