This tutorial expands on templated funnels to show how you can create your own funnel and path reports. These reports are powerful tools for analyzing the behaviors of your users. Funnel and path are available for Custom Events.
Since most users are unable to complete a goal in a single session, our example funnel and path report shows goals achieved over a time range.
What You'll Do
In this tutorial, you will:
- Explore the Revenue funnel report.
- Add filters and set their values.
- Run the report.
- Set additional filters.
- Run the the report again to see the path of users.
Show Goals Achieved Over a Time Range
- Navigate to the Revenue dashboard.
- In the Funnel report pane, click the ellipsis icon and select Explore From Here.
- Click the arrow next to Filters to display the full menu.
- Edit the filters and values as desired, then click the Run button.
To remove the mapping of the event names from the Visualization, click the Visualization row's gear icon going to the gear icon, click Style in the top row, and delete the text in the Series Labels boxes:
See the Path of Users
To see the path of users, e.g., abandoned cart, follow these steps after completing the steps in Show Goals Achieved Over a Time Range:
- From the left side menu:
- In Funnel » Filter-only Fields, click the Filter button next to Event 2 and Event 3.
- In Funnel » Dimensions, click the rows for Custom Event 1, 2, and 3.
- Click the Run button and you will see the counts of users for each specific path: