- Find target data via search or
explore. As you make your selections, they will appear under Targeted Audience. To remove a selection, click
at the end of its row.
- Search: Enter a term in the search field, then click to select from the listed results.To filter results, click to the right of the search box, then make your selection. You can select a filter before or after entering a search term.
- Explore by data type. Click to select from the listed results.Enter a term in the Filter results search box to help narrow your choices. To go back, click the breadcrumbs in the header of the Explore box.
- (Optional) Click Add another target to add more audience criteria.
- Select ALL/ANY to determine how to evaluate multiple targets.
ALL = all criteria must be met (Boolean AND)
ANY = any criteria must be met (Boolean OR)
By default we include audience members if they meet ALL the conditions you select. For example, if you selected ALL, with tags “VIP” and “female,” you'd only reach female VIPs. If you selected ANY, you’d reach all VIPs and all females.
If this logic does not meet your targeting needs, you can create a segment to define more complex, nested logic.
- Click the next step in the header to move on.
You can specify your message audience by a unique identifier, such as a device ID or email address, or by an identifier that may belong to or include multiple users, such as a tag or audience list. Learn more in Targeting Your Audience.
1. See: Handling Multiple SMS Senders.
Not supported for web: Lifecycle audience lists.