- Find target data via search or
explore. As you make your selections, they will appear under Targeted Audience. To remove a selection, click the X icon at the end of its row.
- Search: Enter a term in the search field, then click to select from the listed results.To filter results, click to the right of the search box, then make your selection. You can select a filter before or after entering a search term.
- Explore by data type. Click to select from the listed results.Enter a term in the Filter results search box to help narrow your choices. To go back, click the breadcrumbs in the header of the Explore box.
- Use the ALL/ANY dropdown menu to choose what criteria must be met.
ALL = all criteria must be met (Boolean AND)
ANY = any criteria must be met (Boolean OR)
By default we include audience members if they meet ALL the conditions you select. For example, if you selected ALL, with tags “VIP” and “female,” you'd only reach female VIPs. If you selected ANY, you’d reach all VIPs and all females.
If this logic does not meet your targeting needs, you can create a segment to define more complex, nested logic.
- Click the next step in the composer's header to move on.
You can specify your message audience by a unique identifier, such as a device ID or email address, or by an identifier that may belong to or include multiple users, such as a tag or audience list. Learn more in Targeting Your Audience.
|Data Types||Search||Explore||Learn more|
|Tags and tag groups||✓||Tags and Named Users|
|Named User A customer-provided identifier used for mapping multiple devices and channels to a particular user.||✓||Tags and Named Users|
|Audience List Recipient groups based on either your own data or automatically generated app user lifecycle information. Audience lists are used to target specific users.||✓||✓||Audience Lists|
|Device Properties Automatically collected data from your users’ devices, stored as device property tags.||✓||✓||Device Property Tags|
|Device ID A channel ID, named user ID, or device token.||✓|
|Predicted to Churn Analyzes your audience for users that exhibit behaviors indicating they are likely to become inactive, and tags the users as High, Medium, or Low Risk.||✓||✓||Predictive Churn|
|Segment Reusable audience selection criteria. You can use segments when targeting an audience instead of recreating your audience selections every time you send a message.||✓||✓||Segments|
Not supported for web channels: Audience Lists, Device IDs, Predicted to Churn.