Send messages to Over-the-Top (OTT) devices.
You can use Airship to send messages to your app on OTT devices. Create OTT messages the same way as messages for Android or Amazon and then target the corresponding platform to reach the OTT devices. For example, to target Android TV, you just need to send the message to Android. The messages can be sent via Push Notification, In-App Messages and In-App Automation, and Message Center by specifying users (segment, named user, or channel ID).
The following message types are supported for Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV, and Apple tvOS, without the need for development work.
1. The notification will appear in the notification tray. Not supported for Fire TV Stick: buttons, Summary field, Share action, and high priority push (heads-up notifications ).
2. On tvOS, user-visible notifications are restricted to badges. Content-available pushes are also available for performing content fetching and other silent operations in the background.
3. Modal, Fullscreen, and Banner message styles are supported.
4. The OpenExternalUrlAction to open URLs in messages will not work, as Android TV does not have a web browser.
5. The MessageCenterAction opens the Message Center but does not directly open the message. If a web browser is installed, URLs function as button actions.