Templates are the basis of the graphic interface of the Wallet template editor, and they control the layout of fields.
Open your mobile wallet project and go to Templates.
The Templates in your current project are listed here. Click anywhere in a template's row to see its expanded view, and click again to hide. If you have only one template in the project, the initial view is expanded.
The Template Details pane displays the template Name, Description, ID, Custom ID, creation date, and Sharing Policy. Click Update to make changes to the Name, Description, Custom ID, or Sharing Policy, then click Save.
Entering a Custom ID overrides the template's auto-generated default ID. After clicking Update, check the box to use a Custom ID, and enter your Custom ID in the field that appears.
By default, templates allow pass sharing across users and devices. You can change the sharing policy for templates from the Templates menu for a wallet pass project.
Apple Wallet and Google Pay support slightly different sharing settings.
|Multiple users and devices (Default)||✓||✓|
|One user on multiple devices||✓|
|One user on one device||✓||✓1|
1. Intended for use in limited circumstances. Contact Airship Support for additional information.
Adaptive Links automatically detect the device type and install the compatible pass. See the Adaptive Links guide for more information.
Each Adaptive Link is listed in a separate pane. The header contains the link's descriptive name and icons for editing and deleting the link. If no name was entered for the link, the header will instead display both templates' names, separated by a slash. Below the header are the linked template's name and ID, and its project name, followed by the actual Adaptive Link URL.
Adaptive Links created via the API will display only:
- "Created via API" in the header
- Delete icon
- Adaptive Link URL
Adaptive Links created via the dashboard can be edited or deleted via the dashboard or API. Adaptive Links created via the API can be edited or deleted via the API but only deleted in the dashboard.
Learn how to create and modify Adaptive links using our tutorials:
The Template Expiration pane displays the date when an Apple Wallet pass will expire. All passes generated from this template will expire according to the settings here. These settings can prevent the accumulation of stale passes in your end users' wallets.
This feature is currently only available for Apple Wallet.
Passes with no expiration set will expire according to pass type defaults:
- Boarding Pass/Event Ticket: Expires 30 days after pass creation.
- Coupon: Expires 365 days after pass creation.
- Loyalty/Member/Generic/Gift Card: Expires 730 days after pass creation.
Trial accounts can access this feature, but the account expiration overrides any expiry value that extends beyond the account expiration date.
Click Update to make changes, select the radio button for one of the choices below, then click either the Save or Cancel button.
- Specify date: Set the date when passes generated from this template will expire.
Click the date field and either use the date picker, or enter a date in MM/DD/YYYY format, then use the dropdown menu to select the time zone. Passes will expire at midnight on the specified date and time zone.
- Specify duration: Set the number of days after pass creation when the pass will expire.
Pass creation occurs either via the API or the CSV Batch Importer. Active length can be between 7 and 1,825 days. The default is 365 days.
- Never: Passes generated from this template will never expire.
This option is not available for boarding passes and event tickets.
Expired passes display a greyed-out barcode and text "this pass has expired."
Expired passes can be un-expired by updating the pass expiration date via the API.
Click to select an Actions option.
- Edit Design lets you change the content in the selected template. See: Template Design Tutorial.
- Batch Importer is used to generate pass URLs. See: CSV Batch Importer Tutorial.
- Publish applies template changes to Apple Wallet passes that have already been distributed. See: Publish Tutorial.
- Delete will remove the template from the project. Before the template can be deleted, you must expire or delete all passes associated with the template. See: