The latest updates to the Airship Web SDK
v1.18.0 March 6, 2023
This minor release adds support for mobile Safari web push in iOS 16.4.
In mobile Safari:
sdk.canRegisterwill only be true if in “standalone” mode; that is, if the app is added to the home screen. Mobile Safari only supports web push when in this mode.
- Attempts to call
sdk.register()when in an unsupported context will reject with a relevant error
- SDK registration plugins, such as the HTML Prompt will not prompt for opt-in unless in a supported context.
This release is backwards compatible, and mobile Safari will automatically be supported, in supported contexts, on any VAPID-enabled integration. However your website may need updates to support these contexts; see iOS Safari docs for further details.
v1.17.1 April 4, 2022
This minor release adds new types describing cross channel preference centers as well as scoped subscription list management for contacts.
- Add scoped subscription list management to the contact Contact.subscriptions
- Update preference center
itemtypes to represent cross-channel preference centers
This release has no backward-incompatible changes; if these features are not used, behavior is identical to the previous release.
1.16.0 September 30, 2021
This minor release adds new options for triggering an email double opt-in either via registration call, or opt-in form.
- Add new double opt-in options to the Contact.registerEmail interface
- Add new double opt-in options to the Opt-in Forms Plugin
This release has no backward-incompatible changes; when these options are not specified, behavior is identical to the previous release.
1.15.0 September 14, 2021
This release adds a number of new features, and deprecates some existing ones. No code changes will be necessary in your existing integrations, but for new or updated integrations it’s recommended that you use the new APIs.
The new Contact interface replaces the existing
UaSDK.Channel.NamedUser API, providing the following benefits:
- Tags and attributes may be set at any time, before the user is given a name; the data you set will be carried over to a new named user once identified
- A more consistent experience for users of our iOS/Android SDKs
- Register and associate email/sms/open channels with the current contact
Note: you should not use the deprecated
NamedUser SDK APIs and the new
Contact simultaneously, or you may have unexpected behaviors.
New SDK APIs allow you to implement preference centers on your website, see the topic guide for further information.
- UaSDK.preferenceCenters for retrieving preference center definitions for your application.
- PreferenceCenter for data formats
- UaSDK.Channel.subscriptions for managing and retrieving a channel’s subscription list membership
Note: Preference Centers are only available if your plan has access to this feature.
A new plugin has been added which provides a pre-made form for registering email and SMS channels on your website. For additional information, see the plugin documentation.
Note: Opt-In Forms are only available if your plan has access to this feature.
1.14.0 August 10, 2021
- Add support for AMP websites
1.13.0 March 15, 2021
- Improvement: Allow passing query parameters in the service-worker URL
1.12.0 February 22, 2021
1.11.0 January 13, 2021
- add locale override support
1.10.0 September 3, 2020
- Add support for Yandex browser
- Fix a regression on Safari
1.9.0 August 27, 2020
Minor release including:
- Add data collection handling to match mobile SDK
- Internal changes to prevent flooding the backend (channel events capping, named user debouncing)
1.8.2 August 14, 2020
- make the unsupported-browser error catchable using UA.catch()
- fix default positioning of HTML prompt alert template to top when incorrect or not defined
1.8.1 August 12, 2020
1.8.0 August 4, 2020
Minor release for web notification button support and a bug fix for named users.
- Added support for displaying buttons in web notification
- Fixed bug where clicking a web notification could remove named user from the channel
1.7.0 June 15, 2020
1.6.0 May 5, 2020
1.4.0 March 23, 2020
Minor release introducing a new plugin framework, and two plugins to make user acquisition easier.
- Introduced a new plugin framework
- Added customizable HTML prompt plugin
- Added registration page plugin