13.4.0 June 23, 2020
Minor release to add support for blank urls in messages, enhance airship-ready broadcasts and fix issues with in-app messages. Apps that support in-app automation, or require any of the support changes listed below are encouraged to update.
- Fixed issue that caused analytics events to fail to upload after enabling data collection in the same app session.
- Fixed In-App Message modal resizing and button text alignment.
- Added support to In-App Automation and Message Center Messages for opening target=_blank urls in an external browser.
- Added support for broadcasting a system notification containing the channel and app key when the channel is created.
13.3.2 May 27, 2020
Patch release to fix an issue with in-app automation banner messages and a namespacing issue. Apps that support in-app automation banner messages are encouraged to update.
- Fixed an issue with in-app automation banner messages displaying incorrectly at the top of the display.
- Make versionString const static to address link namespacing error.
- Fixed “MobileCoreServices” build warning.
13.3.1 May 9, 2020
Patch release to fix an issue with in-app automation audience condition checking. Apps that use version and locale-based audience conditions for targeting in-app messaging are encouraged to update.
- Fixed issue with in-app automation audience condition checking.
13.3.0 May 4, 2020
Minor release that adds support for named user attributes and fixes issues with YouTube video support and channel registration.
- Added support for named user attributes.
- Fixed YouTube video support in Message Center and HTML In-app messages.
- Fixed channel registration to occur every APNs registration change.
13.2.1 April 24, 2020
Patch release to restore public visibility to several header files. Apps whose builds are failing due to one of the following two files not being found should update.
13.2.0 April 20, 2020
Minor release that adds support for enhanced custom events and Mac Catalyst xcframeworks, expands the functionality of the native bridge and fixes bugs related to whitelisting and token registration after disabling data collection.
- Added support for enhanced custom events.
- Added support for Mac Catalyst xcframeworks.
- Added whitelisting for EU sites.
- Added message extras getter for Message Center native bridge.
- Added date attribute support.
- Fixed push token registration when data collection is disabled.
13.1.1 March 21, 2020
13.1.0 January 30, 2020
Minor release adds support for number attributes, data privacy controls and the Accengage transition module to facilitate Accengage customers upgrading to Airship.
- Added AirshipAccengage module. This module migrates a device’s attributes and ID to Airship, and allows devices to receive push notifications from Accengage during the upgrade.
- Added support for number attributes.
UAirship#dataCollectionEnabledto make it easier to control Airship data collection.
13.0.4 December 31, 2019
Patch release to restore Cocoapods static library support. Apps that wish to use static libraries installed via Cocoapods should update.
- Fixed static library support for Cocoapods.
13.0.3 December 19, 2019
Patch release to fix a crash on takeoff in iOS 11. Apps on 13.0.0 through 13.0.2 should update.
- Fixed crash on takeoff in iOS 11.
13.0.2 December 18, 2019
Patch release to fix several regressions introduced in 13.0.0. Apps on 13.0.0 or 13.0.1 should update.
- Fixed crash on app restore on a different device.
- Fixed accessing badge on a background queue during channel registration.
- Fixed NSValueTransformer warnings in console.
13.0.1 December 7, 2019
Patch release to fix a bug affecting tag migration for tags set through UAPush. This only affects devices that migrate to SDK 12.0.x-12.1.1. This patch release fixes the bug by combining previous tags with tags that have been set since the update to 12.x. Applications using 12.0.x-12.1.1, and 13.0.0 should update.
- Fixed migrated UAPush tags
- Fixed associating previously associated named user when a new channel is created.
12.1.2 December 7, 2019
Patch release to fix a bug affecting tag migration for tags set through UAPush. This only affects devices that migrate to SDK 12.0.x-12.1.1. This patch release fixes the bug by combining previous tags with tags that have been set since the update to 12.x. Applications using 12.0.x-12.1.1 should update.
- Fixed migrated UAPush tags
- Fixed associating previously associated named user when a new channel is created.
13.0.0 December 6, 2019
Airship SDK 13 is a major update that splits the SDK into modules. Apps can continue to use a single Airship framework in basic integration scenarios, but as of SDK 13 it is now possible to create custom integrations by selecting feature modules. Most of the changes in this release reflect the restructuring that makes this possible.
- Modularized the SDK. For breaking API changes, see the Migration Guide.
AirshipLocationis not compatible with with
Airshipframework installation (xcframeworks or Carthage), and must be used with the core SDK and explicit feature modules
- Added new
Airshippodspec that replaces both
Airshippodspec now contains subspecs for
ExtendedActionsto make it possible to only specify which Airship features to use.
- Added podspec
UrbanAirship-iOS-AppExtensions. The new podspec contains subspecs for
- Added new
AirshipNotificationContentExtensionthat allows displaying multiple notification attachments in a carousel view.
- Dropped static libraries. Applications should either use Cocoapods, Carthage, or the provided xcframeworks.
12.1.1 December 5, 2019
Stability release for 12.x.
- Fixed potential UAInboxAPIClient crash on startup due to a race condition with accessing UAUserData.
- Fixed Message Center not refreshing inbox on subsequent foregrounds.
12.1.0 November 15, 2019
Minor release adding support for channel attributes, which allow key value pairs to be associated with the application’s Airship channel for segmentation purposes.
Custom channel attributes are currently a beta feature. If you wish to participate in the beta program, please complete our signup form.
As of SDK 13 static libraries will be removed from the binary distribution. Apps currently using these should begin migrating to the new xcframeworks replacing them.
- Added a new
- Added a new
12.0.2 November 5, 2019
Patch release to fix stability issues with in-app automation. Applications using in-app automation should update.
- Fixed a crash in in-app automation.
12.0.1 October 31, 2019
Patch release with minor improvements to in-app automation delivery reliability.
- In-app automations with a grace period are not deleted locally until the grace period has passed.
Customers using in-app automation may wish to update.
12.0.0 September 12, 2019
Major update for compatibility with iOS 13 and macOS Catalyst.
- Updated with support for iOS 13 and Xcode 11
- Updated minimum target to iOS 11, removing support for iOS 10 and below
- XCode 11 is now required for building the SDK
- Added support for macOS using Catalyst
- Added multi-window and target scene compatibility
- Added dark mode support and named color styling for Message Center
- Added spoken notification compatibility
- Added support for new iOS 13 location permissions
- Introduced a new
- Deprecated channel-related functionality in
UAPush, in favor of
- More robust user creation and background task usage
- Fixed error logs involving
11.1.2 August 22, 2019
- Fixed an issue where In-App Automation messages were continuing to display after they were cancelled.
Apps using In-App Automation are encouraged to upgrade.
Note for apps that directly schedule In-App Messages using the SDK
Some apps may be using the
scheduleMessagesWithScheduleInfo methods to directly schedule In-App messages through the SDK.
The first time the app runs with this version of the SDK, any In-App Messages that were directly scheduled
by the app will be canceled and removed. The app will need to re-schedule those messages.
Apps whose in-app messages are scheduled only through the Airship message composers (go.urbanairship.com) don’t need to take any additional action after upgrading to this version.
11.1.1 July 30, 2019
- Fixed an issue where Message Center messages were not being properly marked as read after displaying via in-app automation.
11.1.0 July 8, 2019
Minor update that fixes an issue with the location kits header import, and adds an option to the HTML in-app automation style to hide the close button. There are no critical changes in this release, so only apps that want the new behavior or are having issues with the location kit import should update.
- Updated the AirshipLocationKit header import statement for AirshipKit
- Added an option to the HTML in-app automation style to hide the close button
11.0.0 May 23, 2019
Major update removing the
UALocation module from the core SDK. Location services are now available
in an optional external module named
AirshipLocationKit. This version also adds support for
localized messages in In-App Automation.
CoreLocationframework references from the core SDK
- Added the
- Apps that don’t use location services no longer need to include location usage descriptions
Info.plistfiles when submitting to the App Store
- Added support for localized messages in In-App Automation
New apps or apps experiencing difficulties with App Store submission regarding location usage descriptions are encouraged to update.
10.2.2 April 19, 2019
Patch release to fix issues with the Message Center message view and channel registration.
- Fixed an issue where the Message Center’s loading view container intercepted touch events.
- Fixed a registration regression introduced in 10.2, which could delay channel updates in some cases.
Apps using the Message Center or segmentation are encouraged to update.
10.2.1 March 27, 2019
Patch release to fix Carthage build error in Xcode 10.2. Apps that use Carthage are encouraged to update.
- Removed armv7s from architectures
- Streamlined expired message handling
10.2.0 February 25, 2019
Minor release with enhancements to In-App Automation and modifications to make keychain access asynchronous throughout the SDK. This latter change is to fix a rare issue with slow takeOff that can potentially affect the app review process. Apps experiencing this issue are encouraged to update.
- GIF support for In-App Automation on iOS 11 and above.
- Display coordinator architecture for more flexible custom IAA display management.
- IAA button resolution events can be generated from HTML messages via the native bridge.
- Keychain access is fully asynchronous. Synchronous properties on UAUser are now deprecated.
10.1.0 January 30, 2019
Minor release that deprecates UAURLProtocol that was historically used for caching message center and landing pages, but was no longer being used because it’s not compatible with WKWebView.
- UAURLProtocol is deprecated and no longer used.
- Reuse a single NSURLSession for all Urban Airship requests.
10.0.4 January 10, 2019
Patch release to fix a few minor issues. Apps experiencing any of these issues should update.
- Fixed how build architectures are specified for AirshipKit.
- Addressed “missing creator for mutated node” warning in AirshipResources build.
- Addressed warning when displaying a Message Center message with an invalid identifier.
- Fixed handling of text styles in In-App Automation.
- Allow HTML IAA messages to be closed using the native bridge.
- Updated project files for Xcode 10.1
10.0.3 October 22, 2018
10.0.2 October 17, 2018
10.0.1 October 4, 2018
Patch release to fix calling a UI main thread access warning as well as a few In-App Automation issues. Apps that use In-App Automation banner messages, trigger delays, or schedule intervals should update.
- Fixed banners becoming modal (regression in 10.0.0).
- Fixed banners truncating header when using MEDIA_RIGHT template.
- Fixed in-app automation notification opt in audience check.
- Fixed rare crash when using in-app automation messages with an interval or delay.
Major release to support iOS 12
10.0.0 September 17, 2018
Developer Preview of iOS SDK 10
- iOS 12 compatible preview.
- Dropped support for iOS 9.
- Removed APIs deprecated in previous versions of the SDK.
- Added support for critical notifications.
- Added support for provisional authorization.
- Added support for summary category arguments.
- Updated UANotificationContent with thread id and new summary argument fields.
9.4.0 September 4, 2018
Minor release thats adds support for tag group audiences, miss behaviors and resizable HTML messages in In-App Automation. HTML in-app messages are now displayed as dialogs by default, with an option to display fullscreen on smaller devices. This release also fixes a bug that could result in crashes when serializing JSON payloads for certain audience conditions. Apps using In-App Automation are encouraged to upgrade.
- Added support for tag group audience conditions for in-app messages.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent modal in-app messages from being displayed as fullscreen.
- Fixed a JSON serialization bug which could cause crashes for certain audience conditions.
9.3.3 July 26, 2018
9.3.2 July 20, 2018
Patch release to fix a problem with
uairship: schema links in our native bridge. Any applications using links in the Message Center, Landing Pages or any other uses of our native bridge are encouraged to upgrade.
- Fix native bridge
9.3.1 July 12, 2018
Patch release to fix a problem with in-app automation limits. Any applications using in-app automation or action automation are encouraged to upgrade.
- Changed UAAutomationEngine to compare unsigned integers instead of the pointers to the NSNumbers that contain them.
- Addressed causes of intermittent unit test failures in UAAutomation tests.
9.3.0 June 27, 2018
Minor release that adds support for:
- detection of quiet notifications vs. opted-out users,
- disabling 3D-touch in a message center message,
- rejecting whitelisted URLs before they are fetched.
This release also fixes an issue with incremental builds.
Apps interested in the new features or experiencing the incremental build issue are encouraged to upgrade.
- Separates notification options from notification settings. Options now represent what is requested and settings represent what was granted.
- Adds mechanism to allow apps to disable message center link previews and callouts.
- Adds mechanism to allow apps to reject whitelisted URLs before they are fetched.
- Changes header generation script to use Apple’s recommended temp directory. This solves a problem certain developers were having with incremental builds.
- Migrates keychain security attribute to only allow access after first device unlock.
9.2.1 June 13, 2018
Patch release to fix a bug with channel registration. Applications concerned with unnecessary channel registrations are encouraged to upgrade.
- Fixed a bug which was causing an unnecessary registration on every app foreground and background.
- Locale and Timezone info is now sent up with the channel registration even if analytics are disabled.
9.2.0 May 31, 2018
Minor release that exposes new methods in In-App Automation and Message Center.
- Added method to override Message Center loading indicator.
- Added method to allow for extending of In-App Automation messages.
- Added method to allow for pausing In-App Automation.
9.1.0 May 3, 2018
Minor release that updates the in-app message designs.
- Updated in-app message designs.
- Added support to display an in-app modal message as fullscreen on smaller screen devices.
- Added support to adjust current in-app message designs through a plist.
- Added a new UALegacyInAppMessageBuilderExtender protocol to make customizing the legacy in-app message easier.
- Updated for Xcode 9.3.
9.0.5 April 3, 2018
Patch release to fix bugs in landing page presentation and content resizing on rotation. Applications using landing pages are encouraged to upgrade.
- Removed zoom from webpage after rotation to allow its web content to properly resize.
- Fixed top view selection when displaying landing page views.
- Fixed landing page constraints to accommodate safe area.
- Updated project structure to hide private interfaces.
9.0.4 March 19, 2018
Patch release to relax URL whitelisting to include custom schemes, fix a delegate call that was happening off the main queue, and fix UI issues in the message center and in in-app message banners. Applications needing any of these changes are encouraged to upgrade.
- Relaxed URL whitelisting to include custom schemes.
- Fixed issue in the message center list view that prevented icons from properly loading.
- Fixed spacing issue in in-app banner view layout.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in UAInboxDelegate being called off the main queue.
9.0.3 February 27, 2018
Patch release to fix several UI issues, reduce the amount of code executed when Analytics are disabled, and make UAActionScheduleInfo constructor public. Applications needing any of these changes are encouraged to upgrade.
- Made close button more accessible in overlay pages on iPhone X.
- Fixed potential issues with full-screen in-app message display in particular configurations and image sizes.
9.0.2 February 13, 2018
Patch release to fix a crash with the deep link and landing page actions. Applications running 9.0.0 and 9.0.1 should update to this release.
- Fix crash in the deep link and landing page action.
- Added overlay behind the in-app message dialog.
- Added missing checks for identifier lengths for both in-app messages and message buttons.
9.0.1 February 6, 2018
Patch release to fix a CocoaPods iOS 9 deployment issue with the AirshipAppExtensions and fixes a Main Thread Checker warning when adding analytic events from a background thread.
- Fix CocoaPods iOS 9 deployment issue with the AirshipAppExtensions.
- Fix background thread warning when adding an event on a background thread.
9.0.0 February 2, 2018
Major release required for new in-app messaging capabilities.
- In-app messaging v2. The new in-app messaging module includes several different view types that are fully configurable, including modal, banner, and fullscreen. An in-app message is able to be triggered using the same rules as the Action automation module.
- Automation schedule priority: Used to determine the execution order of schedules if multiple schedules are triggered by the same event.
- Support for editing automation schedules.
- New active session automation trigger. The trigger will increment its count if it has been scheduled during an active session instead of waiting for the next foreground.
- New app version automation trigger. The trigger will increment its count if the app has been updated to a specified version.
- Extended whitelist URL checking for URL loading instead of just JS bridge injection. By default these checks are disabled, but you can enable them with the AirshipConfigOptions field enableUrlWhitelisting.
- A rate app action to prompt the user to rate the application.
- Updated localizations.
- Removed deprecated code. Please see Migration Guide.