Segment is a customer data warehouse that lets you combine data from disparate applications and platforms. The Airship/Segment integration maps Segment events to Airship events for retargeting with Airship messaging.
This integration implements hooks in your app for the following Segment methods:
For each Segment method, there is an equivalent Airship feature to map to:
|Airship Concept||Segment Concept|
|Screen Viewed Event (Only visible via Real-Time Data Streaming)||Screen|
Segment also provides an excellent overview of this integration.
Your Airship account must include messaging.
- Integrate both Segment and Airship SDKs into your project.
- If you do not yet have Airship's SDK installed, follow the
steps in Segment's
Airship Integration setup document.
You will install Airship's SDK during Segment's setup process.
- If you already have Airship's SDK installed and then install the
Segment SDK, either:
- Reinstall the kit through Segment for an SDK update and to map the events, or
- Map Segment events to Airship-specific events, e.g., tags, custom events, etc.
- If you do not yet have Airship's SDK installed, follow the steps in Segment's Airship Integration setup document. You will install Airship's SDK during Segment's setup process.
- Add the Airship dependency and Segment integration to your project.
Use cases are specific to how you are using Segment, but this is an example of a supported integration: