Radar makes it easy to start tracking location data with their iOS and Android SDKs, and generate contextual events from this data using their different event types: Geofences, Insights, and Places.
Radar sends location data to Airship using our server-side Custom Events API. Whenever location events are generated, Radar will send custom events and properties to Airship. This data can then be used with the Custom Event trigger in the Automation and Journey composers.
Radar Use Cases
Media: Trigger sending a notification to a user when they enter a place within a specific category, e.g., a fitness venue, asking them to read your latest article on Health & Wellness.
Retail: Trigger sending a notification to a user when they enter one of your store locations, telling them about a new product you are offering.
Dining: Trigger sending a notification to a user when they enter a specific geofence, offering them a 20% off coupon for your restaurant.
Radar Integration Requirements
- SDK version 6.0 or later: Download the latest stable SDK from appropriate Platform page.
- Account Entitlements: Account-level permissions apply, based on your pricing package. Contact Airship Sales with any questions related to pricing and entitlements for location and automation services.
- Radar account: Register on radar.io.
- Account Entitlements: Per Radar's integration documentation, this is a premium integration, available only to Enterprise customers.
- Radar SDK-enabled app: See Radar's SDK documentation.
Configure Radar Integration
In these steps you will create an Airship Custom Event Token, add the token and your Airship app key to your Radar account, then enable the Radar integration in your Airship project.
- Go to Settings » APIs & Integrations » Tokens.
- Click Create Token.
- Enter a token Name. This is just a friendly name to help you recognize your tokens in Airship.
- Select the Audience Modification role.
- Click Create Token.
- Copy the App Key and Access Token values, then click Got it to close the modal window.
- On the Radar Integrations page, under Airship, set Enabled to Yes, and paste your Airship app key and access token. Note that you can set separate API keys for the Test and Live environments.
- In the Airship project dashboard again, go to Settings » APIs & Integrations » Partner Integrations, and enable the Radar integration.