Manage Account Security Requirements
Set security requirements for Airship logins.
- Team Management Security settings are available to Enterprise customers only.
- Only the company account owner can edit team security settings.
- This information does not apply to accounts configured for Multi-factor authentication (MFA).
Click in the right side of the dashboard header, and select Team Management. If you are in Mobile Wallet Team Management, click the link to go to Team Management for Messaging, then continue with these steps.
Click the Security tab and enable or disable settings:
- Password Reset — Require password reset after 90 days of last password change.
- Unique Password Requirement — New password cannot be one of the last 3 passwords.
- Block Multiple Sessions — Ensures that only one session can be active at a time by logging out existing browser sessions upon a new login.
Setting up single sign-on (SSO)
Single sign-on (SSO) is a method of authentication where you use one set of credentials to access multiple accounts. If you already use SSO, you may add Airship as another service provider to enable members of your team to access your shared Airship projects without requiring dedicated credentials.
First you upload your identity provider (IDP) metadata. Then you download Airship service provide (SP) metadata and give it to your identity provider to designate Airship as a trusted company. After confirming SSO login is successful, contact Airship to set it as a requirement to access projects owned by your account and invalidate your users’ previous login credentials. Detailed steps are below.
SSO is available for paid Airship pricing plans only. Please contact your account manager or Support to enable this feature if it is not already available for your account.
You must request your user metadata from your identity provider. It must be a standard SP (service provider) metadata XML file . You will upload this file in the steps below.
First, set up SSO in your Airship project:
Click in the right side of the Airship dashboard header and select Team Management. If you are in Mobile Wallet Team Management, click the link to go to Team Management for Messaging, then continue with these steps.
Go to Single Sign-On.
Under Identity provider (IDP) metadata, click Choose File and upload your metadata file.
Under Service provider (SP) metadata, click Download SP Metadata.
Note the ENTITY ID and SINGLE SIGN-ON WEB ADDRESS URLs on this screen. You will use them in later steps.
Next, give the SP metadata file to your identity provider, and include the ENTITY ID URL in case they require it.
After your identity provider confirms Airship has been set up as a trusted company, have your users go to the SINGLE SIGN-ON WEB ADDRESS URL and test SSO login. If logins fail, contact Airship Support or your technical account manager for assistance.
Finally, contact Airship Support and tell them SSO login is successful for your company and they can complete setup for you. Support will:
- Set SSO as a requirement for users to access the projects your account
- Invalidate passwords for all users except the account owners and project administrators
- Notify you that SSO configuration is complete