You can trigger automation and journeys based on location events, e.g., a user’s movement in and/or out of a geofence or proximity to a beacon signal. Our location triggers require integration with one of our location data partners, Gimbal or Radar. See the Location Triggers Tutorial for detailed usage steps.
- Gimbal sends location data to Airship via our Gimbal Adapters. An Airship Gimbal Adapter is a drop-in class for iOS, Android, and Amazon that integrates Gimbal Places events with Airship. The Gimbal data can then be used with these triggers:
- Location: The message is sent when a device enters or exits a specific geographical location.
- Location Attributes: The message is sent when a device enters or exits a geographical location associated with predefined attributes.
- Radar sends location data to Airship using our server-side Custom Events API. Whenever location events are generated, Radar will send custom eventsEvents that indicate that a user performed a predefined action, such as adding an item to a shopping cart, viewing a screen, or clicking an Unsubscribe button. Custom events can trigger automation and journeys. You can code them into your app or website, or send them to Airship from an external source using the custom event API. Custom events contain
propertiesthat you can use to personalize messages. and properties to Airship. This data can then be used with the Custom Event trigger:
- Custom Event: The message is sent when a specified Radar-based custom event occurs.